Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nature vs. Nurture


My daughter has really embraced drawing these days. I am told at preschool it is hard to get her to go to any other learning center. As someone who has loved art all her life, I am one proud mama! I guess you never know exactly what your children will pick up from your genes verses the environment you create for them but with a child that is adopted (like mine) it is all a big mystery that unfolds before you. Score on for nurture in this case!


Over the last two weeks she has started drawing elaborate flowers and trees, added houses to her repertoire and even started putting clothes and jewelry on the people she draws. My favorite thing is that she has started designing rings. They often look like rings I make...so cute!


2 comments:

ButterflyChicBoutique.com said...

How sweet! Makes a mama proud don't it?

Mandy said...

That's wonderful! My sister's son, who is 8, definitely takes after her and drew the cutest pictures from very early on. Her artwork is at thevintagesister.etsy.com