Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ode to Mom

I wanted to take this chance to brag a little bit about my mom. I often speak about my dad because he is my mentor when it comes to metalsmithing but my mom has been very important to me as well. First I should say I consider my mother to be a very crafty person. She is always looking to learn new hobbies in the craft arena. In my lifetime I have seen her do things like rug hooking, macramé, spinning wool (from her own sheep I might add), tatting (not of the ink variety), knitting...this list goes on. Either my mom has Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder or she is always up for a challenge. I could probably make an argument for both! In any case, I am so glad that she filled my life with this love of creating and trying new things. So this post is for you mom...thanks for always encouraging and inspiring me.

For the past few years my mother has dipped her foot into the jewelry world by combining old crafts with new. She makes wonderful knit wire and bead jewelry that is simply beautiful. Her work is in four galleries in Iowa and Illinois. People love her work and so do I. I even have some of her bracelets in my etsy shop. Have a look:


No comments: