Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Award winning weekend and other art fair adventures!

My dear blog...my how I have ignored you! It was all in the name of art, I swear. I recently ended a busy summer art fair season and am taking a little break before the fall/holiday season kicks in. I had two shows in July and it all ended on a very good note. First there was my two art fair weekend with shows in Dixon, IL and Dekalb, IL. Sales-wise it was OK but award-wise it was fantastic! I have dubbed it my 2-award weekend.

Dixon "Nuts About Art" awarded me 2nd place in the 3-D division and I am not sure what I won at Dekalb but it came with a decent size check!

The next weekend I was off to exhibit at the Madison Art on the Square. I was a first-timer there and had been told by many what a great show it was. Everyone I spoke with told me to bring help and lots of jewelry. So I did! I convinced my BFF Kim to go up with me. I feel like I torchered her...with the long days, time away from her family, and by far the crappiest motel room we had ever stayed in. In the end we had a blast, she was a huge help, and sales were excellent. The day after the show we stuck around Madison and treated ourselves to pedicures, manicures, and shopping in the downtown/University area. Hope I get into that show next year!











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I think exhibitions play a vital role for the promotion of products. More people visits the exhibitions to search there requirements.You can visit Send gift to pakistan for beautiful gifts.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Exhibitions provide a range of quality products of different companies, and we can select best one.Some lovely gifts are available on Eid gift Pakistan

Muhammad Aslam said...

Your blog is very beautiful and provide useful information about gifts,
I have recently visited a website that provide gifts related information for those persons who want to
send gifts to Pakistan
and also on special days like Mother's day gifts Pakistan